November 11, 2010

How Deep is Your Love?

This takes only a minute and I think everyone should answer these 14 questions for themselves . They are questions to ask in determining how much we love God . Taken from the City of God by Venerable Mary of Agreda. I have always wanted to read the city of God and knowing God and Loving God is something we must all strive for as a Christian. As you can see I need some improvement.

One Minute Meditation

  1. Do I think about God a lot?
  2. Yes
  3. Am I inclined to do God’s commandments?
  4. Yes
  5. Am I afraid to offend God?
  6. yes
  7. Am I grieved by sin?
  8. I don't think I have realized the gravity of it
  9. Do I rejoice at the good?
  10. certainly!
  11. Do I love to speak of God?
  12. Yes . It's religion that I have a hard time with.
  13. Do I delight in the presence of God?
  14. in adoration .
  15. Does not thinking of God displease me?
  16. yes!
  17. Do I love what God likes and hate what He hates?
  18. I try
  19. Do I strive to bring everyone to God?
  20. I wish everyone knew Him but I don't force
  21. Do I pray with confidence?
  22. at times
  23. Am I grateful to God?
  24. Yes
  25. Do I use God’s gifts to good use?
  26. No
  27. Do I strive to control the passions?
  28. Not hard enough

1 comment :

  1. Excellent post! The answers for me were the same but then again I think we all would answer the same!
    Certainly this post and the questions in it can only help to strengthen our relationship with God!

    Thanks,
    Gman

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!