October 3, 2015

Scary Book of The Month: Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs

I'm currently reading Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs as my scary book of the month, and for every chapter I read, I will be publishing a new post with a few words of my own.  #spreadtheterror

Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs 

Time is running out for the Peculiar Children. With a dangerous madman on the loose and their beloved Miss Peregrine still in danger, Jacob Portman and Emma Bloom are forced to stage the most daring of rescue missions. They’ll travel through a war-torn landscape, meet new allies, and face greater dangers than ever. . . . Will Jacob come into his own as the hero his fellow Peculiars know him to be? This action-packed adventure features more than 50 all-new Peculiar photographs. 

My Thoughts on Chapter One

What I felt about Hollow City and the children battling the Wights and monsters after coming so far over land and seas, was enough for me not to want to read anymore. At the end of Hollow City, it felt like they were all doomed until Jacob realized he had power over the Hollowgasts.
This is where we begin again in Library of Souls. In an apocalyptic future following a great battle, Jacob, Emma, and the dog Addison, are still being pursued by these monsters and now they have to find the other peculiars who might've been captured or dead. They are on the scent trail which leads them to a place the children might've been taken to; Devil's Acre. In fact, to get to it they have to cross over by boat, and the ship's captain is a 7-foot tall giant who is as tall as he is menacing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!