May 4, 2012

Blogging from A to Z Challenge Reflections Posts of 2012

As soon as I heard about the AtoZ challenge I wanted to participate, but because of my experience with other Alphabet memes, I didn't want to post a random topic that began with the letter of the day because I would most likely fail in oh so many ways. I'm not that good at writing/blogging.

So I decided to write on a book theme and chose The Hunger Games. I had written my posts a week in advance which meant I had to read the book again and base my posts on the alphabet for each chapter. I got it done. My letter A post was supposed to be about the reaping. The Reaping took place in Chapter 1 and I called it Attendance is Mandatory but I edited it and probably shouldn't have and wrote about the Arena instead, even though the tributes didn't step into the arena until chapter 11. My favorite post was The Letter 'L' The Lake and Lucky Loot only because there were a lot of L words in it :)
I am so glad I scheduled my posts! It pretty much left me free to do whatever else I wanted and visit as many blogs as I could. I didn't always comment but I think I managed to visit most blogs on the list at least. Initially I got a few new comments but not near as many as I left, which was discouraging.

 I think the AtoZ challenge was well thought out and organized, and there wasn't really anything more that could have been done better. Arlee and his team did a great job. Due to the lack of visits I imagine people weren't interested in the Hunger Games or maybe it was that my posts were too long? Was it due to spoilers? idk. I would have liked more feedback but for those who did comment, it meant a lot to me so THANK YOU!

Most commentators said it was really neat that I wrote about the hunger games and that they'd really enjoyed the book and movie and only one did not like the principle of kids killing kids. It was a great experience to learn so much about this book. I loved the Hunger Games and I don't know about participating next year but if I do, I will probably base it on another great book. It was fun.

Aside from that , here is a short funny video spoof of How The Hunger Games Should Have Ended. I personally liked how it ended , with the rule changes and all, but for the sake of the few who didn't.......maybe it would have been better if Katniss were honest about not loving Peeta ? Lol!

10 comments :

  1. I did stop by on your posts during A-Z...sorry you did not get as many comments as you left, it was a similar case with me as well, especially towards the end of the challenge when we all suffered burnouts.

    Shorter posts do tend to get better responses, I've noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prescheduling is the best way to go in order to make more blog rounds, but either way can be fun and it's all a Challenge. I stopped by your blog a few times, but since I have not seen the movie nor read the books I didn't have much to say. I will say you were dedicated. Congratulations on meeting your goal and thanks for being a part of this whole adventure.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this challenge for the first time this year and considered doing a theme but I couldn't decide on one,so i kept my posts general. A popular book/movie is really a good choice. Great job finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed out on your blog during the challenge, but now that I've found it, I'm going exploring :)

    Hope you have a good week :)

    BTW-that video at the end was funny, thanks for putting it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been putting off reading the hunger games books because we have all 3 in the house, and I am afraid I will get hooked and lose a week, so I keep waiting until I think I don't have a lot of other things to attend to! Ha! You can imagine how that goes! I might as well wait for summer at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing the challenge, hopefully we will do it again next April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently re-read the Hunger Games - a great series!

    congrats on finishing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so bummed that I didn't see this blog during A to Z! :(
    But I'm totally going to follow it now!
    From one Jackie to another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jackie, thanks for your help with the Buttons code. It's all working fine, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jackie,

    I haven't done my AZ reflection yet but I too found it a great experience and met a ton of people! Also, thanks for letting me know about the book depository! I checked it out and it's a great site!
    Best,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!