May 26, 2014

The Forever Song [Blood of Eden #3]

The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I can't say I really liked The Forever Song, hence the 3 star rating, due to all the violence, and emotional trauma Allie and Zeke were put through, not to mention Kanin. In The Eternity Cure, Zeke had been kidnapped by the psycho vamp Sarren and from the sounds of Zeke's screams he was as good as dead. Nobody including Allie knew what had happened to him.

I liked Allie's good judgement as she always strived to be in control of her monster and a better vampire but this story was sorta anticlimactic, knowing that the bad guy had it coming.

I liked Jackal who provided us with witty bantor and there was one time when they were driving in a van he said something Like "Someone in this fucked-up family has to be." He was speaking about him being a realist and I had to giggle. Allie was trying to assure Zeke that Caleb and Bethany would be alright when they got to Eden but Jackal thought that was not going to be the case cause if Sarren was in Eden, the reality would be different.

"There you go again. Getting the puppy's [Zekes] hopes up. More likely, every bloodbag[human] on Eden is screaming and tearing their faces off, but, oh, no, no one wants to hear that." He waved a hand. "So, go ahead, tell him that everything is going to be fine. All the meatsacks are perfectly content on their happy little island, Sarren has given up world destruction to raise kittens, and the magic wish fairy will wave her wand and turn shit into gold."-taken from chapter 13 page 234-235 Lol I had to laugh.

The Forever Song starts off with Allie, Jackal and Kanin going in search of Sarren, hunting him down until they killed him, which wouldn't end until they reached Eden. Allie finally accepts being a monster fully and was almost overcome with bloodlust. On their journey towards Eden they encounter numerous hellish scenes left behind by Sarren who was goading them.

When they arrived in Old Chicago, the story starts to build more interest imo, because what they find at the top of the building is not who they expect....

Anyway it is there they almost all lost their lives but somehow managed to survive AND help Zeke out of his compulsion. Of course Allie is still so much in love with him and would do anything to keep Zeke from destroying himself. I really didn't like how Zeke was so lucid and didn't show much emotion because he used to be so happy with Alllie, but I guess vampires rarely showed their feelings if they even had any. I thought that by Zeke being a vampire it would've been better for Allie but that wasn't the case.

Sorry for the spoilers guys. I won't tell you what happens in the end.I can tell you it exhausted me. So much fighting gah!

View all my reviews

1 comment :

  1. Great review, sorry you didn't enjoy the novel. I completely forgot that this series was still going, and I will definitely keep in mind the anticlimactic ending with Sarren, but that cover is just so breathtaking that even if the novel ended horribly, I'd probably still read it because I happen to be a reader to likes some kind of closure, and I like pretty covers on my shelf haha. Thanks again for the review!

    -Courtney Ann
    Rondo of a Possible World

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!