August 30, 2018

Books from the Backlog

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread. If you would like to join in, please feel free to enter your link @ Carole's Random Life In Books, then spend some time visiting some of the other posts.

This week's neglected book



The Host

(The Host #1)
by Stephenie Meyer

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind. As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

  Why did I add The Host to my bookshelf?


The Host is another thick book that I never finished. I am a fan of Twilight and I started reading The Host a couple times and even got the audio from the library but I was frustrated with my iPod. I remember liking the main character and wanted to know more about her.
What are your thoughts? Have you read this book? Would you recommend it to others?

5 comments :

  1. I read the Twilight books and liked them at the time (I'll probably find them too slow now!) but I never really got round to reading this one. I think I started it but put it straight down, I don't know why. I doubt I'll get to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one shortly after it was released. It is very different than Twilight but I do remember enjoying the book. I hope you enjoy this one when you do get the chance to read it, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while, but I loved this one quite a bit and it was one of my first sci-fis. I always hoped she would write a series for it with more in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also read this one when it was released. I did enjoy it and the characters. Like Sophia, I think this may have been one of my first sci-fi reads (at least the one I could actually remember). I hope you enjoy it Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one, but it is on my TBR pile too. I have put off watching the movie because I want to read the book first. One of these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!