November 30, 2016

So I haven't read a lot this year

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

I plan a New Year's resolution to read more, talk less, post more reviews, and participate more in the blogging community starting right now!

I am currently reading two Holiday Collections of which are very affordable and will help you get into the Christmas Spirit.

Love, Christmas, and Christmas in the City II, are two very fun and fabulous anthologies developed by authors with pizazz.           Click to Tweet

Christmas in the City II by Samantha Chase

Buy on Amazon |

Christmas in the City II

If I had, to sum up, Christmas in the City in just three words it would be, Fantastic, Fun, and Festive.
So far, I am enjoying it immensely.
Christmas Once Again by Samantha Chase is about Hunter Ashton and Lexi Hayes. They are practically High School sweethearts who are reunited after they'd broken up eight years prior. How could Hunter, who still loves her, fix Lexi's broken heart? By being honest and trustworthy and by growing more balls when it comes to his overbearing, pestering, mother, Susan.

Like Christmas by Ashlee Taylor is different in that Emmeline doesn't know who Sebastian is, contrary to Sebastian knowing everything about Emmeline. He has loved her all her life. I must say I am very intrigued by him. I am very curious to read more.

I liked Ugly Sweater by Elizabeth Hayes. It had lots of winter fun in the snow. Two girlfriends meet two gorgeous men. They fly to Aspen for a weekend and go Tubing and Skating, and well, hot-tub. Both men were wealthy as fuck.

A Change of Heart was different from the others in that it was about suffering and terminal illness. I liked Hunter, though, and I am looking forward to reading A Heart of Time.

Christmas break by Misha Elliott I didn't like. I didn't care for the characters

Joyful Temptations by Janine Infante Bosco would appeal to the hard rock, hard sex type of which I'm not that. Harley bikes and Satan's Knights. Really? I'd rather not think the devil as good in any way. Blackie and Lacey. Leather and Lace? I don't know that song reference. I also didn't like the sex. I thought it was gross.

Dancing Snowflakes by Madison Street
to be cont...

View all my reviews

Love, Christmas - Holiday stories that will put a song in your heart!

Buy on Amazon

Love, Christmas - Holiday stories that will put a song in your heart!

The song "Do You Hear What I Hear?" was written as a plea for peace during the Cuban Missile Crisis in the middle of the Cold War.
Now Christmas is just around the corner and live-in-lovers Shelley and Jake are in a cold war of their own. Detective Shelley Caldwell has all wonderful memories of Christmas, while Jake DeAtley, born of a mother turned vampire while pregnant with him, has none. They’ve come to a compromise that she can decorate “her half” of every room, but no Christmas tree. Then a case of hit-and-run leaves a dead body and a magical Christmas tree that Shelley can’t resist bringing home, heating up the war between her and Jake. There is more to the tree than either knows. When they discover the truth about it, will it bring them together or keep them farther apart?

I just finished Do You Hear What I Hear in the Love, Christmas Collection and I loved it! I appreciate the paranormal element in this novella. It was a very well written story by anyone's standards. If you like paranormal fantasy, you will like this. Mind communication, cute lovely fairies, and two cats in the yard! Sarge and Cadet. Also, Jake DeAtley, whose mother became a vampire when she was pregnant with him, so that's exciting! I liked the romance as well. Their troubles weren't so far away from real life. Shelley and Jake had their differences when it came to celebrating Christmas but who doesn't have their arguments over family Traditions and such things? I enjoyed this story, and that is why I wanted to share it with you. You can't find this story anywhere else but in the Love, Christmas Collection.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!