October 4, 2018

Books from the Backlog


Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread. If you would like to join in, please feel free to enter your link @ Carole's Random Life In Books, then spend some time visiting some of the other posts.
 This week's neglected book 


Undead (Undead #1) by Kirsty McKay
Out of sight, out of their minds: It's a school-trip splatter fest and completely not cool when the other kids in her class go all braindead on new girl Bobby. The day of the ski trip, when the bus comes to a stop at a roadside restaurant, everyone gets off and heads in for lunch. Everyone, that is, except Bobby, the new girl, who stays behind with rebel-without-a-clue Smitty. Then hours pass. Snow piles up. Sun goes down. Bobby and Smitty start to flirt. Start to stress. Till finally they see the other kids stumbling back. But they've changed. And not in a good way. Straight up, they're zombies. So the wheels on the bus better go round and round freakin' fast, because that's the only thing keeping Bobby and Smitty from becoming their classmates' next meal. It's kill or be killed in these hunger games, heads are gonna roll, and homework is most definitely gonna be late. Combining the chill of THE SHINING, the thrill ride of SPEED, the humor of SHAUN OF THE DEAD, and the angst of THE BREAKFAST CLUB, Kirsty McKay's UNDEAD is a bloody mad mash-up, a school-trip splatter-fest, a funny, gory, frighteningly good debut!
Add to Goodreads | Amazon.ca | The Book Depository | Barnes & Noble

Why did I add Undead to my bookshelf?

A long time ago, zombies displeased me. I thought they were stupid and I didn't know what the fascination was all about. Thanks to shows like The Walking Dead, I no longer hate zombies! If anything they make good moving targets lol. punching bags? no? alrighty then. I bought this book because of the cover at a second-hand bookstore, mostly, and because it looked brand new and was cheap so heck yea. I snagged it. I never finished reading it and I so dearly want to but that means I have to read it from the beginning because I almost can't remember what the story was like. Admittedly it was a bit boring so idk.



What are your thoughts? Have you read this book? Would you recommend it to others?

3 comments :

  1. I have never heard of this one but I think I would have picked it up if I saw it at a discount with that cover...lol. I do enjoy a good zombie story and this one sounds rather unique and fun. I do hope you enjoy it if you decide to pick it back up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried this one but wasn't a fan of it. I don't remember if I finished or abandoned it. I tend to avoid YA zombies and stick with the traditional adult horror version!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!