May 15, 2019

Daenerys is not the Mad Queen!

Warning
I watched Game of Thrones Season 8E5 'The Bells' on HBO Sunday night. I don't like what people are saying about Daenerys Targaryen. Things like 'Daenerys snapped and abandoned all her principles.' Fuck that! In the words of Cersei "It felt good to watch the city burn to the ground" "It felt good to see her entire world fall apart. It feels good...". It was time to settle the score. Neither Cersei nor Jamie cared about the innocent people of their city so why should anyone else? I know the show's writers Dan Weiss and David Benioff are to blame for the internal logic being so messed up. It doesn't make sense anymore.


I felt emotions were high as ever before between Tyrion and Jamie
A little tear ran down my face welling up inside me.


Varys was caught writing a letter to the capital regarding Jon Snow being the rightful heir to the Iron Throne just like Nedd Stark. It felt like Sansa had accomplished what she intended to do about telling Tyrion who Jon Snow really is. Spoiler Alert -Jon Snow is Aegon Targaryen FYI. Sansa broke her promise and divulged the truth to Tyrion who told Varys and well, news travels fast. Dani's claim to the throne was threatened by Varys' betrayal. Dani fought for the throne all her life but all Sansa ever wanted was to be queen. So, when it is all over, who will sit on the Iron Throne?

After hearing what Varys had done, Daenerys burned him alive. Ho hum, it is what needed to be done. I mean, I am not mad because of it nor did I cry.

Dani confides in Jon saying it was as much Sansa's fault for the death of Vary's.  She sought intimacy with Jon who only reassures her she was his queen and that he doesn't want to be King, but that was not enough. She had been alone with her grief for days with nobody to console her. Her trusted advisor, Ser Jorah and close friend, Missandei were all dead. She wanted something deeper than sex.

Tyrion failed to change Dani's mind about destroying Kingslanding. She says she will back away if Cersei surrenders but will she? I'm not mad at her decision. Does anyone in their right mind NOT want Cersei dead? I doubt it. Dragons are meant to destroy things, that is what they do. I am just sorry that Dani lost the other two. Kingslanding smells like dead people and shit anyway. It should've been levelled to the ground a long time ago when Stannis attacked the city and lost the Battle of Blackwater Bay.

Euron Greyjoys fleet and the Golden Company could not protect the city from the Mother of Dragons. Nor could the scorpion machines. I was pleased to see that Drogon knew better to avoid those iron spears. I saw the city being ravished with fire. It was so satisfying to see those ships taken out one by one! The scorpions too! The golden companies leader didn't have much screen time did he. Oh well.

The Dothraki and Torgo Nudho aka Greyworm killed him. Greyworm is out for blood as much as Dani. He wants revenge for the loss of Missandei. I'm not mad about it, in fact, I don't blame him at all. I blame Cersei. Qyburn informs his queen that they should go somewhere safer because they are in danger but Cersei refuses to believe it. She is truly the Mad Queen IMO. I am absolutely fine about what happened to her and Jamie. I am just sad for Tyrion who lost both of them after he tried so hard to save them. I also didn't like Arya getting more screen time. Not again, please. We see her riding off into the distant sky (down the street) amid the rubble and destruction that was Kingslanding, on a pale horse...


I feel the need to mention Varys, Euron, Cersei and Jamie, Sander Clegane aka The Hound, Ser Gregor The Mountain zombie, Qyburn and the leader of the Golden Company were all wiped out. That means Tyrion, Arya, Jon Snow, Daenerys and Drogon, Greyworm, Ser Davos survived this episode and everyone else in Winterfell or elsewhere.

I liked this show more than the previous one, even though I still think the writing is horrible.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!