July 25, 2020

Jesus' sandal straps

John 1:26-27
John answered them, "I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do not know, even he who comes after me, the strap of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie."
I deduce John the Baptist a sentimental guy. It is an act of humility and servitude as well as a gesture of kindness and love to untie someone's shoes, isn't it? Yet a loving husband might choose to take off the sandals of the one he loves with delicate hands. That is the image I get anyway. So Jesus is a great King and John the Baptist knew this very well. I am jealous. I wish I knew what kind of shoes/sandals Jesus wore lol. I just printed a pair of fashionable sandals and painted it with watercolour. I don't like painting so I just smeared some black ink from a piece of carbon paper for the background. I am taking a watercolour course from Becca Courtice and this is my picture for Day 1.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!