July 3, 2020

What possessed these pigs to jump into the water?

Demons are the reason they jumped off a cliff. The gospel reading for July 1st was from Matthew 8:28-34. Jesus heals two demoniacs. The demons knew who Jesus was and tormented by the sight of him, they asked to be sent into a herd of pigs nearby.

30 Now a large herd of swine was feeding at some distance from them. 31 The demons begged him, ‘If you cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.’ 32 And he said to them, ‘Go!’ So they came out and entered the swine; and suddenly, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and perished in the water.
As soon as Jesus commanded them to "Go!" the pigs rushed down the hill into the water and drowned. What bold proclamation they made though! Jesus is the Beloved Son of God, and he had the power to cast out demons! Praise God! It must have been horrible for that town and for those two Gadarenes living in the cave to be possessed by a Legion of demons. UGH! I can't imagine. Anyway, the pigs were another thing. Better the pigs dying then the humans I guess. IDK. I don't think the Jews should have been keeping pigs anyway. They are unclean and for them to be keeping a herd of pigs is a no-no. Idk that is what I gather from doing a little research.

I drew my pigs cute, but picture them dirtier and scarier lol. What plagues me is Jesus and his disciples got back into their boat and crossed the same waters that just swallowed up not only a herd of pigs but a legion of demons! What? I wonder if their journey was a more harrowing experience. Anyway...



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!