September 11, 2013

Cold Days: Review & Audio

Cold Days

Cold Days by Jim Butcher


I was impressed at how far the author had taken the character Harry Dresden from his initial first book.

I really like James Marsters narrating and I love paranormal fantasy books!

Harry Dresden is a supernatural hero. In Cold Days he has to save not just Chicago from an all out apocalypse but the whole world. He is the Winter Knight and works for Mab the Queen of Air and darkness of Arctis Tor now. He also has a special relationship with The Island called Demonreach . Somehow he is made the WARDEN of a prison there. I guess a curse was set to happen here and the prison was going to explode and the bad guys would be released on the city of Chicago unless Harry can stop it. The Island's 'WELL' was created by Merlin . Anyway Maeve, Mab's daughter, is a wicked bitch , and Harry is ordered to kill her.

Harry does an excellent job at making me laugh. He was hilarious inside the mountain talking to Demonreach Lol! ...something about a parasite inside Harry's brain. ya. gulp. It seems like he might turn evil. Even his girlfriend Karrin talks about important negative "factors" about their relationship and how even if he does turn "bad" she will follow him to hell if she has to. awwww ain't that sweet.

I loved the tiny character Toot-toot and Bob, the talking skull, and Lacuna. She seemed so sweet to me :p. Harry's old friends like Mac the bartender was back and Thomas his vampire brother.

All in all it was a fun fast and exciting read and you should read the entire series :)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!