November 23, 2009

The solemnity of Christ the King


Mass Readings

My Reflection

I think most of us have forgotten where we come from. I naturally am not born into royalty , but that is what we are, spiritually . We belong to the Most High and therefore we descend from sovereignty and splendour as Vassula so aptly put it . (<--this is a windows media audio play. )
"...I, your God tell you: sons! and daughters! you are the offspring of the Most High! you descend from the Sovereignty and Splendour, oh come! you belong to Us! you belong to Heaven...you are of Royal Descent..."
 We all have wandered so far away from God , that we have forgotten who we are and to whom we belong. Jesus didn't say he wasn't a king when pilate confronted him. In fact, He says " For this I was born and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice."  For Isaiah 9:5 says that we will call him that ...
"For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests. They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace. 6 His dominion is vast and forever peaceful, From David's throne, and over his kingdom, which he confirms and sustains by judgment and justice, both now and forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this!"
Ok , it doesn't say He is King necessarily but that His Throne will have dominion forever . We are descendents of the Most High. Praised Be The LORD.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!