March 28, 2010

Pope needs to answer questions

... in the mismanagement of the clergy sex abuse crisis. click here to read more.

My question is : Have they forgotten the word of God? 1 Cor 5:9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.... vs 11 says this : But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral....not even to eat with such a person. 12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges, Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

Is pedophilia not a crime? Why was heresy considered such an evil crime in the inquisition?  Is this crime of 'solicitation' no less grave? It's worse imo. The whole world agrees that a pedophile should be hung by his balls .

I think excommunication , and handing them over to the secular authorities is the right thing to do if  I were the Pope.

According to bishopaccountability.org there have been 4,392 allegations of sexual abuse of priests between 1950-2002 . That is way too many . All allegations should be taken seriously and I am under the impression that if some priest receives a confession of this nature they are obliged to report it to the ordinaries. See crimen sollicitationis . Why the secrecy is beyond me . That is an obstruction of justice . If I knew a priest was doing that to kids , I have a duty to report it and so should the Church .

On the other hand , I understand the secrecy in confession but the priest confessors are supposed to give them advice . The best advice in that circumstance would be for them to admit their crime to the ordinaries and/or church authorities and cooperate with them .

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!