November 24, 2012

Exiled: An Epic Fantasy Adventure

Exiled by M.R. Merrick

Kindle Edition

M.R. Merrick has made a fan out of me! I not only found out he is a Canadian author but that he lives in Red Deer, Alberta, next door to me in Calgary!  Knowing that, I was so thrilled I HAD to read this series.

Exiled is a book full of awesome sauce! I loved it! and I couldn't have been more pleased. When I found out it was being offered free on kindle that is when I jumped at the chance. I'm glad I waited.

Chase Williams is a young demon hunter who was found not having the elemental magic every other hunter possessed and had been forced to live outside of the Circle [Exiled] along with his mother for being insubordinate. When he meets up with a half breed demon [Rayna] and a fairly well known Hunter [Marcus], they offer their help and protection.

Knowing some of his fellow Hunters are kidnapping demons Chase wants to know who and what the Hunters want. He is confused and forced to reconsider everything he's ever learned about demons and the Hunter Circle. It's as if the people he always trusted are now the bad ones, and the demons he thought were bad aren't. Two of his friends are demons now [Rayna and Willy] and it isn't black and white anymore.

Vampires, goblins, trolls and shapeshifters, including an unusual little bird named Rai, take us on a wild adventure ride. This bird helps Chase and Tiki and it's my favorite part of the book. What I didn't like is in what world did Chase come from and/or do the Hunters live in? Was it another dimension through a portal? Why were the 'underworlders'--mostly demons and vampires-- living in the real world? Wouldn't that be a little dangerous for the rest of the world? I mean this isn't the mortal instruments. Other than that, I thought this book was well-written and anyone with a love of paranormal fantasy would love this book and I highly recommend it. I know I can't wait for book 2 .


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!