November 26, 2013

2014 Audio Book Challenge

 

Jennifer @thebooknympho and the girls over at Hot listens are hosting the 2014 Audiobook Challenge and are inviting us to join the challenge.

Reading Challenge Details: 

  • Runs January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014. You can join at anytime. 
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2014 than you did in 2013. 
  • Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.) 
  • ANY genres count. 
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed. 
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. 
  • If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge. 

Levels: 

  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5 
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10 
  • Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15 
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20 
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30 
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+

As of 2013 I started listening to Audiobooks and recently got myself an iPod Shuffle. It's been a pleasure to listen to while I'm on the bus or taking a walk, once I figured out how to sync with iTunes. So I'm a bit technologically challenged when it comes to this stuff.

I use Audible and Overdrive primarily for all my Audiobooks.

The first thing you need to do for this challenge is decide which level you want to accomplish your goal at. It's similar to the 6 levels of Dantes Hell. lol j/k (I've never read the book) but having my earbuds surgically implanted is not going to happen! That's just gross :p

I could be on the safe side and listen to 1-5 audiobooks as a Newbie but that wouldn't be much of a challenge would it ? Because I've always been slow at comprehension I always feel I have to read along from a book but THAT is just way more expensive so even though I can borrow audiobooks from the library I think 15-20 is a good plan. That would be a Socially Awkward (Don't talk to me) level.


Here is what I plan on listening to...


  • Stephen Kings 11/22/63
  • Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
  • Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire . 
  • Allegiant by Veronica Roth
  • Most of the Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost
  • Soul Screamers Volume 2 & 3


  • That's all for now but I'll keep adding to the list as I go .


    1 comment :

    1. Thank you joining and posting about the challenge :) I'm happy to have you on board. We'll have fun!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for reading my blog!