February 6, 2011

Almond & Chocolaty Fig Strawberries

almond&chocolaty
created by Heather McCarthy for the Hot Raw Chef Scholarship


Almond Cream Sauce
Instructions: Make Irish moss gel . It consists of 1 ounce of Irish moss blended with 1 cup of water (soak Irish moss 8-12 hours, make sure you wash it really well )

1 cup almonds , blanched and soaked for 8 hours
1/3 cup Irish moss gel(already made)
1/4 cup Agave
1 Tblsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Set in fridge for about an hour to firm consistency .


Chocolate Fig Sauce
5 dried and soaked figs chopped (soak for 45 minutes)
2 Tblsp Agave
3/4 cup water
3 tsp red Miso – blend ingredients for 1 minute
add 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp cacao powder
1/8 cayenne
1/8 tsp Tamarind
1/4 cup dried strawberries – set in fridge to firm up.
Prep strawberries . remove the stems . Cut strawberries in half lengthwise and made a v-cut in the center of the strawberry and fill with both sauces . yumm

click to see contestants
I voted for Heather in the Hot Raw Chef contest, because she presented her recipe really well and it made sense, and it looked like something I would like to try and easy enough that I could make lol  and it had at least 4 aphrodisiac food. Strawberries, figs, almonds, chocolate which she even mentions and I agree with her . Some contestants didn't even have one aphrodisiac lol ok maybe cacao powder but that's it .


UPDATE: I forgot to mention , that if you vote for the next 'Hot Raw Chef' you will in return receive an ebook of all 44 recipes entered in the contest, as a "thank you" gift :) So go to http://hotrawchef.com/VoteInfo.html before Feb 9th to cast your vote :)

I pretty much killed myself getting the Irish Moss for this recipe though. Beside the fact that the Journey of Health Store is really far from where I live , I had to take the bus , and the owner temporarily closed the store.

When I got there, I found a sign in the window that said: "Temporarily Closed. Will be back at 4pm , sorry for any inconvenience :)" . It meant I had about 4 hours to kill so I went to see my boyfriend at his work by bus . Anyway that day I ate some cooked food and something else in the form of a bug . My throat is sore and I had a fever .Walking back and forth twice didn't help , but I did go back at 4 o,clock that afternoon, only the store was still not opened and I was pretty disappointed never mind my aching feet .
Anyway the next day, I made sure I phoned first ; but there was no answer :/ so I phoned again and I was relieved to hear that they would be open all day . I was feeling a little sick with a high temperature still .

However, if I was going to make The Potluck I needed some Irish Moss. I ordered some online but I knew it would never come in time for the potluck even though I paid $38 for delivery . The moss cost $12 or something online. Anyway , as I type this my fever has disappeared but my throat is still sore . I have my Irish Moss soaking in water since last night and it's getting pretty soft and big lol . It's wonderful stuff . I still need red miso though ooops. I don't know why I can't use the miso I have . Anyway I hope this recipe tastes good .



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!