February 20, 2011

From My Valentine

I got a lovely arrangement of red roses mixed with carnations and some other flowers from Phil for Valentines . They are giving off a budding scent right now as I type . 

To My Valentine : I made No Nut Carrot Pulp heart-shaped cakes with chocolate only ignore the mess cause they were really good . There was 4 hearts but we managed to eat them all up along with the strawberries dipped in chocolate .


Here is the recipe for the No Nut Carrot Pulp Cookies Cake

2 cups carrot pulp
1 cup chopped soft dates
meat from 1 young coconut (I didn't have this but I used about 1 cup of organic coconut milk instead )
2 T coconut butter
2 T chia seeds covered in 1/4 cup water to make a chia seed gel
1 t freshly grated ginger- varied nutmeg & vanilla with cinnamon
1/2 t cinnamon
raisins for garnish (optional)
Blend all ingredients except for the chia seed gel in the food processor with s blade until well processed. Mix in the chia seed gel. Form into small cookies (top with a raisin) and dehydrate for about 20 hrs at 115 degrees. Makes about 16 small cookies.

→ Okay here is what I did . Since I don't have a dehydrator, I substituted the chia seeds with one Tablespoon of ground flax and the dough and/or batter was really good. I made those heart shaped cakes with a cookie cutter .

This is how I made the chocolate frosting:
1/3 cup cacao powder
pinch of salt
13 agave nectar
1/6 coconut oil, melted
Food process, or use a hand blender and mix all ingredients together. Taste the yumminess.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!