May 26, 2011

Thursdays Thought

created by Louise from Well That's Just Terrific
People park too close to you that you can't even open your door? I went grocery shopping in my new car today to the real Canadian Superstore. It was as busy as expected and it was raining. I usually don't shop at the superstore because it's not walking distance from my house.  I parked my car in the last available parking spot in a long row of cars furthest away from the store.

I worried about not being able to get a shopping cart because I didn't have a loonie (that's a dollar coin for those who don't know), but I remembered what I kept on my keychain, is the size of a loonie, and allowed me a shopping cart.  It came in handy, and I was able to get what I came for like toilet paper and stuff I usually don't buy because I have to carry the groceries home and I am always conscious of how heavy or bulky things are. Now if only I could remember my shopping bag :/

Anyway, after returning the shopping cart, I saw this lady park so close next to me that I didn't think I had room to open my door. Well, I was a little annoyed, to say the least, and she didn't even look at me, as I stood to wait for her to move so I could get in. It didn't seem that she even cared she was way too close, and I felt like telling her to get over. I felt ignored, so I did the only thing I knew how. I opened my door and let it bang into hers meanwhile totally ignoring her. That got her attention. She looked to see if there was a dent in her car. Oh, the nerve!  We care about things, not people apparently.
You must remember to love people and use things, rather than to love things and use people. ~Fulton J. Sheen

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!