October 1, 2013

Countdown To Halloween Starts Today


To find out more about it just click the boo berry Cryptkeeper logo. Whatever possessed me to think I'd ever be able to do this?! Oh well. 

Day 1
Out of the many great books with wizards, monsters, werewolves, ghosts, witches, vampires, faeries and other creatures comes one of my favorites that I love to read about.

The Harry Dresden files by Jim Butcher is about a wizard who investigates supernatural disturbances and helps solve murder investigations for the Chicago Police Department. He is the only one who is competent enough to defend and handle such cases involving supernatural creatures in the entire city of Chicago.

So in Grave Peril  Harry Dresden fights to stop a creature that is referred to as the Nightmare. The creature creates torture spells and eats part of people's soul.

"Let me get this straight. This creature, this thing, has been torturing powerful spirits for a couple of weeks with this barbed-wire spell. It tore up a bunch of stuff on consecrated ground. Then it blew through somebody's threshold and tore his spirit apart, and slapped a torture-spell on him?"-Grave Peril by Jim Butcher Chapter 14: Page 115 


There are many evil villains in this book. Leonid Kravos, being The Nightmare, is just the bigger one and the book's main focus. Agatha Hagglethorn's ghost is killed at the end of Michael's sword. Leanansidhe, Harry's evil faery godmother plays a part but turns out she only wants to help Harry, not kill him. Mavra the black court vampire wants to kill Harry as does Bianca St. Claire and her court of red vampires. This book is a lot of fun and one of the best in the series but then again I haven't finished reading all of 'em.





1 comment :

  1. I'm the opposite :) I remember seeing the show, but haven't read the books. I think I better put those on my read list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!