October 2, 2013

Werewolves Bark At The Moon

"'And I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down" goodbye dresden. 
"Death by fairytales. Hells Bells" - Harry Dresden in fool moon

Whereas I'm not particularly keen on werewolves, perhaps it is because they always seem to die (I'm thinking Van Helsing or Bram Stoker's Dracula) or maybe it's because they are brutal ugly creatures. In any case they seem to have taken on a more evincing role in Twilight. Taylor Lautner who plays Jacob Black is a shapeshifter kind of wolf . I know bah right?

Anyway there are werewolves in Kresley Cole's The Immortals After Dark Series, a paranormal romance, that are just as formidable as Jacob from Twilight. My kind of werewolf would be a supernatural being that only changes into werewolf form when it's either angry or on a full moon. Call me an idealist.


Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortal's After Dark #4) by Kresley Cole.

Bowen spends two centuries of his life grieving because of a damn sorceress' spell!! Haxa had enchanted him to Mariah, a fey princess years ago, making Bowen think Mariah was his mate, but it almost destroyed him when she died. Haxa had killed her and fed off his grief for centuries! She also used Bowen to get to Mariketa, the Awaited One. Mariketa is a witch, soon to become a powerful sorceress. They fall in love and this is their story...I LOVED IT!

Out of all the Immortals after dark one stands out as the strongest: Malkom Slaine. He's a cross between a Vampire and a Demon. Love him. Carrow Craie finds him in the realm of Oblivion. You can find him in Demon from the Dark .

Lothaire is the oldest of the Vampires and has succumbed to bloodlust but not entirely insane. In IAD, vampires who kill to eat carry with them all the memories of the one who they fed upon and killed which can mean for some pretty bad nightmares.
Conrad Wroth is a vampire who is on the verge of insanity as well. You can find him in Dark Needs at Night's Edge.

There are still a list of other characters that I absolutely love. Nïx the Ever-Knowing aka Nucking Futs Nïx is a Valkyrie. Rydstrom and Cadeon are demons. They have horns on the side of their head that are rather intriguing, and Witches such as the beautiful, powerful Mariketa and Carrow Craie. Of course I loved this series and I hope you enjoy it as well.

You may find the list of characters @ http://www.kresleycole.com


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!