October 18, 2020

Countdown to Halloween #Drawlloween 2020 Day 18 - Black Cat

My cat didn't turn out as I wanted it for the first time, probably because I didn't have the specific Crayola marker FFS. I tried coloring the cat with a black marker (not Crayola) and then went over it with a water brush expecting it to look similar to the one in this video but this is what I got instead on my first attempt. I just ended up smearing the pigment of the black marker all over the page. 

Here is my second attempt. Not much better but she could be one of the cats from the Aristocats. I love Scat cat and Thomas O'Malley and Toulouse :)

It might not be as charming as I had hoped it would, because you know, 3rd times a charm? It was much easier, however, I made a mess with the negative space but it ain't all bad.
It's not black but it supposed to be black but my black marker is running out of ink and I totally made a mess of it, but it's a cat in a witch hat! Reference @ Art For Kids Hub

3 comments :

  1. Hi there Jackie! I absolutely love the first drawing! There is atmosphere and great composition in it. Good job!

    Hope you are enjoying your Drawlloween, it's a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black cats. I used to have one. They need to be kept in on Halloween night apparently. Anyway, great images.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!