October 7, 2020

Countdown to Halloween #Drawlloween Day 7 - Vampire

Mab's Drawlloween prompt for today is Vampire. I drew this 'cartoon' vampire following a video tutorial here. It's not easy sometimes when the artist goes a little too fast. But I got it done all-be-it amateurish but that's what I am. The thing I hate the most is coloring. I don't have patience and I wish I could leave my sketch/marker just like it is without having to color it. ugh. I used some baby oil and a Qtip to blend the cape and everything. I thought the smear around his mouth would be more noticeable, like blood. I don't know how to shade or create contrast.



I followed a video tutorial on How to Draw a Vampire with BeeJayDeL. He uses procreate digital software and it's fantastic but I just drew it on paper with a marker and colored it. It's not perfect. It's whatever.


2 comments :

  1. It looks pretty slick! The colors definitely pop and everything looks nice and even.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!