October 8, 2009

Holy Quotes



I receive Holy Quotes from AskACatholic.com in my email, and I simply want to share them . I urge you to follow the link .

The Church is Apostolic


  • Matthew 16:13-20 - Jesus built his Church on Peter, the rock (foretold in the OT: Isaiah 22:15-25)
  • Luke 22:29-30 - I confer a kingdom on you, just as my Father conferred one on me: you will eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and you will sit on thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
  • Luke 22:32 - Peter appointed to be the chief shepherd (that Peter's faith may not fail)
  • John 10:16 - One shepherd to shepherd Christ's sheep
  • John 15:16 - Jesus chose special men to be his Apostles
  • John 21:17-19 - Peter appointed to be the chief shepherd
  • John 20:21 - Jesus gave the Apostles his own mission
  • Ephesians 4:11 - Church leaders are hierarchical
  • 1 Timothy 3:1,8; 1 Timothy 5:17 - identifies roles of bishops, priests and deacons
  • Titus 1:5 - Commission for bishops to ordain priests

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!