October 25, 2009

Sundays Scripture Study for Catholics

Courtesy of Vince Contreras @ Sunday Scripture Study for Catholics.

I hope you find it as awesome as I do.
I really, really love the fact it has Catechism references.
I also like that there is a discussion and fellowship blog to talk about Sunday's readings as well.

This weeks study is in this cool acrobat doohickey. It is my privilege to be able to share it with you so feel free to grab it and share it with others on your site as well. I plan on answering the questions in personal study and prayer time tomorrow. Hopefully, I will gain a better understanding of all that is being revealed in these passages.




Update:
In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen

These Sundays readings are from:
Jeremiah 31:7-9Psalm 126:1-6; Hebrews 5:1-6;  Mark 10:46-52


My answers to the Questions:

  • I think the mood of the crowd according to Jeremiah was probably like a mob who is hungry for the word of God. Bartimaeus was considered to be an outcast, and that is why the crowds told him to be quiet. I tend to exclude others in my ignorance and prejudice too.
  • The significance of the way Bartimaeus addresses Jesus was that of blind faith (pun intended), trusting in the Messiah and knowing Jesus alone could help him. If you heard someone like Jesus was passing through, knowing who He was (the Son of David) and knowing He alone could help you, and probably the only opportunity you will ever have to be healed. Hopefully, I would invoke him to have pity on me too.
  • Bartimaeus took action . He invoked Jesus and asked for what he wanted, the rest of the crowd , probably spiritually blinded did not recognize the condition of their souls and did nothing but follow him out of curiosity probably. They too needed to be healed by Jesus but they didn't ask and/or believe they needed it *shrug* , like Bartimaeus did. Also this crowd, apparently, is the same crowd who would shout "Hosanna in the Highest and Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD" one week later and then after shout "Crucify Him, Crucify Him" =(
  • The difference between the rich young man's faith and Bartimaeus' is , Bartimaeus' heart was in the right place i think, while the rich young man's heart was in his riches instead of Jesus. Also James and Johns request was something Jesus did not come for at that time . Jesus came to heal and to save , that was the will of the Father . Bartimaeus's application was something Jesus could grant . For it was given to Him by the Father.
  • Persistence in prayer is what we can learn from Bartimaeus and ask for what we want.
  • If Jesus were to ask me "What do you expect me to do for you?" I would say:"Jesus, you have done everything for me, what more is there ?"
  • God is still saving people today, and I consider that a miracle. My faith is what helps me understand God. I quote St. Augustine: "Seek not to understand that you may believe, but believe that you might know".
click here to download  FreeBible 1.3
God Bless You and Pray the Rosary.
Pray for priests.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!