October 28, 2009

Carving a Pumpkin

I love seeing all the little kids dressed up in their costumes when they come to my door, and I enjoy giving them candy and hearing Trick or Treat. Halloween is for kids really. Not so much as we got older, seeing buses get egged and hearing all the terrible stories like putting razor blades in apples and kids raiding other kids' candy =( it's not my thing. In fact, now, I hate all those ugly things about it, that remind us of the great archenemy the devil.
I edited this post because I never really loved Halloween, I only loved getting the candy, and even that rots your teeth and is not healthy for ya so...
But, this year my husband wanted me to carve a recycle logo on a pumpkin because he works at a recycling plant. So, I found this website really helpful. Helium. For those who have never carved a 'grown up' pumpkin before, I needed a few tips on 'how to' carve a pumpkin. I didn't think I had the right tools, so I went to get a decent saw and knife at home depot. They didn't have a scraper, though , so I just used my hands lol. It was sweet and gooey.

I already had a poker thingy from my scrapbooking (I try lol).

It was easy to get a pattern off the internet for the reduce, reuse, recycle logo. So I made it big enough and printed it out.

I also bought the biggest pumpkin the store had! I was surprised at how much it cost. Only $4.20! Yes, I live in Canada too!

Anyway, I think it turned out well. I don't know if I got enough of the stringy substance out of it, but it'll do, and no I didn't save the pumpkin seeds. I know I am a beginner and this is actually my second pumpkin I ever carved, so the simpler the pattern, the easier. There are some really nice looking ones, and people have some great ideas, as I saw on another blog, you can even carve a pro-life pumpkin! I thought that was neat.

Anyway.... HAPPY TRICK OR TREATING! Stay Safe or don't go out at all.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!