April 27, 2019

#AtoZchallenge — X is for — X-rated


From the Shadow Lands of Asshai to the Shores of Dragonstone and the frozen lands beyond the Wall in Game of Thrones (#GoT) comes the 10th anniversary of the AtoZ challenge...



Game of Thrones is an X-rated fantasy series that deals with the mature subject matter and viewer discretion is advised. Some people may find it offensive.

I cringed to see the way some females are portrayed. I prefer women who are strong and powerful like Brienne of Tarth.
Even though the show may be dark and full of terrors, it has a decent amount of humour as well. Take Tyrion Lannister, the dwarf, as an example. He has the best humour in all of Westeros. I also like Dolores Edd of the Night's Watch whom Jon Snow befriends and Samwell Tarly, for just being a coward but not really, and even Ser Bron of the Blackwater.

Karl Tanner
Nothing of the violence really bothered me. Not even the Red Wedding*shrugs* I guess I am used to seeing all manner of violence on TV these days and perhaps we're all a bit jaded.
A few characters disturbed me though, like Ramsay Bolton, Craster, Karl Tanner-the mutinous murdering bastard that kills Jeor Mormont, Locke (Vargo Hoat in the books) and Euron Greyjoy. These men are evildoers more than good.

Can you guess who the letter X is?

⇶ is a rich merchant "prince" of Qarth who wishes to acquaint himself with the Mother of Dragons. He offers his hand in marriage, but Daenerys refuses. Although vouching and caring for her during her stay at Qarth, he ultimately betrays her and crowns himself "King of Qarth". He conspires with Pyat Pree to capture Daenerys and steal her dragons, but after she successfully retrieves them, she takes her revenge and locks him alive in his own vault.

3 comments :

  1. Xaro Xhoan is your X! Hopefully, there are so many caracteres in GoT, all the lettres were in the movie ;)) Great X post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I almost forgot about the vault scene... I miss the prince from the books who tried to steal the dragons. I actually liked him.

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramsay Bolton freaked me out. He enjoys being evil, and he’s very good at it. Cutting off people’s skin is icky. I don't like thinking about that!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!