April 23, 2019

#AtoZchallenge—T is for —Tongue Trauma



From the Shadow Lands of Asshai to the Shores of Dragonstone and the frozen lands beyond the Wall in Game of Thrones (#GoT) comes the 10th anniversary of the AtoZ challenge...
The Mad King Aerys Targaryen cut out Ser Ilyn Paynes tongue because he said that Tywin Lannister was the true ruler of Westeros. Aerys took offence. Joffrey the illicit dumbass, also likes chopping body parts off of people, not just the tongues of musicians.

T is for ...The Thenns. A bunch of scary wildlings who follow their leader. On the TV show, their Magnar is called Styr. Styr is the Thenn who is killed by Jon Snow with an axe to the head. The Thenn's speak in the old tongue of the First Men and Magnar translates as 'Lord'. They are a tribe of Free Folk who live on the north side of the wall and eat the flesh of men they kill and scar their face and shave their head bald. "I know we've had our differences, Tormund. But just one time, before you die, you really ought to try... crow." ―Styr is about to eat a dead "crow"




Can you guess who the letter T is?

____ is a dwarf; because of this, he is sometimes called the Imp and the Halfman. ____ is a member of House Lannister and is the third and youngest child of Lord Tywin Lannister and the woman who died giving birth to him, the late Lady Joanna Lannister. His older siblings are Cersei Lannister, the queen of King Robert I Baratheon, and Ser Jaime Lannister the Kingslayer, a knight of Robert's Kingsguard.


4 comments :

  1. I can't even guess the show! I'm going to assume Game of Thrones because I've heard mention of Jon snow in relation to that show I think??

    Visiting from A-Z
    AJ Blythe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added Game of Thrones in the introduction. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear enough but it's a good show and the books are fan favourites too. We are waiting for Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin.

      Delete
  2. Ack! I don't know because it's too scary for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to learn more about the Free People beyond the wall, too bad we only saw them from Jon's perspective

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!