April 2, 2019

#AtoZChallenge— B is for —Battle of Bastards

Warning: There may be spoilers

From the Shadow Lands of Asshai to the Shores of Dragonstone and the frozen lands beyond the Wall comes the 10th anniversary of the AtoZ challenge...
Battle of Bastards Jon VS Ramsay
"If I fall, don't bring me back." — Jon Snow

Tension is high on the horizon after Jon was brought back to life by Melisandra the red Woman and Sansa escaped captivity from her marriage to Ramsay with Theon's help. I am so happy for them.

Meanwhile, Ramsay boasts of winning the war with Stannis Baratheon, although it was Brienne of Tarth who killed him for murdering Renly Baratheon, her king.
Now Stannis and his entire retinue are dead. Sansa and Theon both have escaped and Jon receives a raven with a message from Ramsay, Lord of Winterfell. Ugh.
In it, he is basically telling Jon to return Sansa to him immediately or he will do terrible things to her while Jon watches. Ya...no. Jon won't let that happen.


Jon and Sansa team up and get as many people on board to fight against Ramsay Bolton and take back Winterfell. That is what is called the Battle of Bastards.
Sansa is able to secure the help of the men of the Vale from House Arryn, lead by Petyr Baelish and a vast number of soldiers. I love how Sansa and Jon come together as a family again after so long. More power to them.


Jon is not the kind of guy that plays Ramsay's games, so he decides to come up with a plan where nobody else needs to die. He proposes to fight Ramsay one on one. Ramsay may be a bastard but he isn't stupid. He knows Jon will win so it's back to playing games his way. It is a crucial battle and more characters die but the best thing to happen is that Sansa gets revenge on Ramsay. YAY!



Can you guess who the letter is?


Joffrey ___ is a bastard and a pissant. When he takes Sansa out for a day he picks a fight with Arya's friend Mykah and gets beat up by Arya. She was only protecting her friend. I wish I could say Sansa was on her sisters' side but I understand her decision that she didn't want to hurt her chances of ever becoming queen someday. At this point, she thinks she's in love with him. So, when Sansa tries to help, he tells her basically to screw off. Ugh. Arya is a little wild but at least she is smart not to trust the Lannisters. Her direwolf, Nymeria bites Joffrey so in order to keep Nymeria safe she forces her to run away. Sansa's wolf Lady was killed instead, at the request of the wicked queen, Cersei.
"Everyone is mine to torment."Joffrey

8 comments :

  1. Jackie,

    I definitely can tell that you are a BIG fan of 'Game of Thrones'. You give a broad insight in such a brief write up. Brilliant job!

    Join me today for the second installment featuring the Bishop in my Little Mermaid Art Sketch series!

    Happy A2Zing, my friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and I am a big fan. I've watched Got season 1 to season 7 over and over and over. I lived for it a couple years ago. I will make sure to visit you to see what you have done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of bastards in GofT ;))
    Great B post!
    Fred from https://quiltingpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Frederique! Robert Baratheon's sons lol. I love Gendry. To be fair Jon Snow wasn't really a bastard. He was Lord Eddard Starks nephew to be fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe i have never seen this? I will have to binge watch someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie,
    We decided to return the favor and visit--very pretty site, and we love your squarely antics of creating a game out of the day's letter! Fun posts! Nutmeg from The Squirrel Nutwork

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, autocorrect--that was supposed to be 'squirrely'.
    N

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post was kind of spoilery for me, since I didn't get that far in the books and in the show, but it was a pleasant read, and since I'm not planning on watching more GoT any time soon (maybe when Season 8 is available on BR?), I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!