April 20, 2020

Q is for ...Quarantine

I published a post 5 years ago about What to do in Quarantine. I think it qualifies aptly for the threat of COVID-19. It is supposed to be taken in jest and I apologize if it offends anyone.


A contagious disease requires you to be put into quarantine for a whole month (don’t worry, you get well by the time you’re free to go!). How would you spend your time in isolation?
I could read Outlander (a massive set of books) but honestly if I was quarantined from a type of disease so the risk of infecting others is contained, what else might I be allowed to do? Watch movies over and over again? I don't recall such procedures ever happening in my lifetime. It was only mandatory to get immunized every year, and more times than I could shake a stick at, when our family travelled overseas, there and back, twice. Since I know nothing about what protocol for quarantine is, other than staying locked up for a certain period of time, and is that an individual thing? Are you locked up in the comforts of your own home? or is it that groups of people are taken to some facility?

In any case,  I would take up knitting like Old Nan from Game of Thrones and knit me a woolly blanket. I'd have the time to learn how to bind and cast off. I also would knit a pair of comfortable slippers just like the ones shown in the picture.
UPDATE: Instead I bought me a pair of Cozy Slipper Socks. Sometimes I feel cut off from the world as it is but I manage. Getting past the boredom is a bit of a challenge but if your willing to keep yourself from atrophy then you will find something to do. My main concern is would I be given 3 square meals a day? Because if not I think I would go little nuts. Take away the pleasures- and the pain is much worse. In the words of Carly Simon: "I haven't got time for the pain"

1 comment :

Thanks for reading my blog!