April 21, 2012

Sweet Sleep

The Letter S Chapter 20: Sleep Syrup

When she goes to the stream for some water, a silver parachute drops down near her. This time it is a vial of sleep syrup. It dawns on her if Peeta is sleeping it's the only way she'll be able to go to the feast and it will give her plenty of time to prepare. So she tricks him into taking the sleep syrup saying they're just sugar berries and before he realizes what hit him he's out like a light. There was no other option.


"They're sweet as syrup, " he says, taking the last spoonful. "Syrup." His eyes widen as he realizes the truth. I clamp my hand over his mouth and nose hard, forcing him to swallow instead of spit. He tries to make himself vomit the stuff up, but it's too late, he's already losing consciousness. Even as he fades away, I can see in his eyes what I've done is unforgivable.


She's so wrong. He'll forgive her because he will be alive and not dead and then they can both go home.

1 comment :

  1. This book sis pretty interesting. I wonder if the main character knows how to sleep with your eyes open. He's very skilled and charming though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!