March 17, 2011

An Irish Unity Smoothie

Bitt of Raw made a green smoothie and the background caught my attention. It's really interesting and I never knew what the colors symbolized . I know . I should have known this but I could get into drinking these everyday not just for St. Patricks . Anyway 3 Cheers to green white and orange ! No wonder I like green :)

Here is what Yahoo answers said about it : Orange is symbolic of Irish Protestants while green is symbolic of Irish Catholics. On the Irish flag, there is an orange stripe, a green stripe and a white stripe. The orange is for the Protestants, the green is for the Catholics and the white is for the hope of peace between the two.

If you haven't signed the petition yet for Christian Unity to Celebrate the Feast of Easter all in one date , please do it now. 


Peace be with you always .

1 comment :

Thanks for reading my blog!