February 10, 2010

The benefits of fasting

I'm not an expert on fasting but I have done the Master Cleanse 2 or 3 times already. I only did it for 10 days at a time and the first time , I felt fantastic . Last time I fasted was a year ago and I suffered with extreme headaches and they were brutal . I smoked and I probably should have quit then . The toxins in the body made it unbearable , it felt like my head was going to explode.

Anyway, Lent is coming up soon and we are required to fast . Our Lord also taught us to fast so nobody can say it isn't safe . Our Lord fasted on bread and water for 40 days, but with that, we must get a lot of rest . I tried fasting on bread and water twice a week for a time, but I simply fell off the bandwagon. Listen to Loren Lockman talk about the beneficial aspects of water fasting . However , there is still something to be said about bread as well , and I never hear anyone talk about it , besides Our Lady .



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!