February 5, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol 68)

Conversion Diary

~1

Bugs are invading my house! Tiny little flies that you find on fruit or sweet drinks Ya, you call them fruit flies I call them bugs. I'm afraid they are going to mutate. I caught one crawling on my hand :(  I don't know where they are coming from ... I have a storage bag of cans and bottles, but I don't see any in there. They like to fly around my computer and are so irritating. I hope they realize the light on my computer is fake and die already. I noticed there was a lot of them on my window sill also. ick .

~2

I had a traumatic experience with fleas once, and I DO NOT LIKE THEM! That's another story.

~3

There was no power when I woke up Thursday! I have been burning the midnight oil a lot. I woke up at 1 o'clock, and I realized the power was out. So I got dressed and ready and called to let Phil know because I thought it was our fault for not paying the bill (only we did), and was thinking I would go to the library to use their computer when it came back on! All my troubles seemed so far away :P

~4

I needed to refill my prescription at Safeway and overheard someone saying his power was out for about half an hour also. Apparently, some construction workers might have cut some power lines, cause I wasn't the only one.

~5

We have a portable air conditioner that has an exhaust hose to stick in an open window, it helps to circulate the air, and the window is open all the time, but I had to close our window because it was freezing in here! The weather has been pretty cold, and I can't use the air conditioner when the window is closed.



~6
 The pipes in the walls have been so noisy too. When we first moved here, I couldn't sleep cause they were so loud. Between cold weather and pipes freezing it would cause a flood in the building, I'm sure. It happened before. I closed the window and turned up the heat, and it seems to be fine now except for those damn bugs!

~7
Dear God. I want a walk-in shower. Yours truly.

UPDATE: the bugs are gone, and so is our plant we bought for Xmas! Apparently, that was where the bugs were coming from. Yay!

1 comment :

  1. Eewww, bugs! I'm w/you...name 'em what you want...but they're still bugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!