October 20, 2010

It's Alphabe Thursday

is for Exorcism 
"When the Church asks publicly and authoritatively in the name of Jesus Christ that a person or object be protected against the power of the evil one and withdrawn from his dominion, it is called exorcism. Jesus performed exorcisms and from him the Church has received the power and office of exorcising. In a simple form exorcism is performed at the celebration of Baptism. In solemn exorcism, called a 'major' exorcism, can be performed only by a priest and with the permission of the bishop. The priest must proceed with prudence, strictly observing the rules established by the Church. Exorcism is directed at the expulsion of demons or to the liberation from demoniac possession through the spiritual authority which Jesus entrusted to his Church. Illness, especially psychological illness, is a very different matter, treating this is the concern of medical science. Therefore before an exorcism is performed, it is important to ascertain that one is dealing with the presence of the evil one, and not an illness"
(from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.§ 1673. via the BostonCatholic Journal)

Vatican chief Exorcist Fr. Gabriel Amorth
Fr. Gabriel Amorth is the leading Exorcist in the Vatican and he says , undoubtedly , that the Devil is in the Vatican. It's not hard to believe. It's the reason for all her problems . Evil is very real and so are Exorcisms. The exorcist has one principal duty - to free human beings from the fear of the Devil.The attempted assassination of Pope John Paul II by a Turkish gunman in 1981 and recent revelations of "violence and paedophilia" committed by Catholic priests against children in their care was also the work of the Devil, said Father Amorth in his book, Memoirs of an Exorcist. You can also read 'An Exorcist Tells His Story' online .



Demonic influence is on the increase in Rome, and the Vatican is taking offensive action against them via exorcism!!!



Pedophiles are not posessed by the devil , they are tempted by the devil. They don't need an exorcism they need to be converted. To be converted to God, that's what they need, they need to confess. 


If you abandon God, the Devil will take his place.


I cannot post about Exorcism without the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose


The devil dwells within your soul,
Making you, his own fool.
The demon hour comes in quick,
Try to dodge it and be slick.


I won't leave you without this "Exorcism Prayer" given to us by Our LORD

Lord, you have endured me all these years with my sins, but nonetheless You pitied me;

I was led astray in every way, but now I will sin no more; I have wronged You and I have been unjust; I will be so, no more; I renounce sin, I renounce the Devil, I renounce iniquity that stains my soul; free my soul from all that is against Your holiness;

I entreat You, Lord, to rescue me from all evil; Come Jesus now, come now and abide in my heart;

Forgive me, Lord, and allow me to rest in You, For You are my Shield, my Redeemer and my Light and in You do I trust;

From today I will bless You Lord at all times;

I repudiate evil and all other gods and idols, for You are the Most High over the world, far transcending all other gods;

By Your mighty arm, rescue me from ill health, rescue me from being a captive, rescue me from trouble and defeat my enemy the Devil; come quickly to my help O Saviour!

Amen



This has been a Letter edition of Alphabe-Thursday .
Please visit Jenny Matlocks blog for more and visit other entries. "If you wish to participate; you have to visit at least 10 others" she said :D

Jenny Matlock

11 comments :

  1. An interesting post. I am not catholic so I did not follow all of it. As a Christian I do believe there is evil and we can cast it out in Jesus name. I guess I just do not want to get any deeper than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely an interesting read first thing in the morning :) I'm always a little scared of the whole exorcism thing. I think it's because of the way they are portrayed on tv and movies. They always seen so violent and scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a very interesting and thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whow, both scary and entertaining...
    great post
    following from Alphabet Thursday
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! All of the sudden, I feel a little chill...

    Very interesting and kind of scary....

    Gotta go check on a spooky sound I just heard....

    yikes!

    RMW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes. I never even saw The Exorcist. The whole subject as always kinda creeped me out.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OoOoOooOO..creepy posts this month :)

    I remember when the book "The Exorcist" came out in the early 70's. My SIL let me read her's. Freaky! So then I HAD to see the movie, just to know how some of the things in the book were put into action. That was back when something like this was a NO NO...Was different for sure. Now it seems mild compared to some of the other things in movies.

    FUN, interesting post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jackie. This post just totally creeped me out. I was just talking to my husband about whether exorcism could help a person addicted to drugs.

    Like two minutes ago.

    And then I opened this post and it made me shiver.

    This was really, really interesting.

    Thank you for sharing this information with us on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I have to remove the devil from my presence my casting him out in the name of Jesus! Works everytime! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not Catholic either and the whole issue of exorcism scares me.

    When I was a teenager, a bunch of us went to see the movie "The Exorcist", on the way home a boy that lived next door started talking like Linda Blair from the movie. I nearly jumped out of a moving car. Fast forward....my husband brought home the movie "Paranormal Activity" and I had nightmares for two weeks. I just can't watch any movies that are this type of genre. I don't believe in opening doors and letting evil or the unkown into our lives. ~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit that I couldn't watch the video of the real exorcism - to scary for me. As much as I love Halloween, the real evil out there it too scary. Thanks for a fabulous 'e' post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!