December 19, 2010

Fourth Sunday of Advent

We should never sit in the house of God as strangers. Did you remember to say hello to someone today?- this was taken from our church bulletin today .


Over at True Confessions of a Prodigal Daughter , you can join her facebook page on 'One thing I learned at Mass ' . It was an idea Matthew Kelly suggested every catholic do; keep a journal.

Anyway what I learned at Mass today is Joseph and Ahaz both had direct lines to God but Ahaz (Isaiah 7.10-14) didn't obey, while Joseph did (Matthew 1.18-24) . I never knew what these two readings had in common or what the significance of them being read together were and I learnt something today :)  Joseph had an angel and Ahaz had the prophet Isaiah . If we had a direct line to God would we listen ? I assume that direct line now is Jesus Christ. Do we listen to Jesus ?

Listen to Matthew Kelly talk on the 3rd pillar of catholic spirituality.

Pillar 3 - The Mass (Part one)


Pillar 3 - The Mass (Part two)


Pillar 3 - The Mass (Part three)



Next week- Christmas !

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!