November 25, 2010

Catholicism 101

Welcome to Catholicism 101!

The idea is to share something about the Catholic Faith . Everyone is free to join; you don't have to be catholicIt is a space where we can jot down our notes on dogma and doctrine, but also any little thing that helps clarify the intricacies and rich history of our faith. It can be your favorite quote - anything related to catholicism. It can be something you heard that cleared up some theological trouble you had, whatever you'd like .

You will have all week to think of something as I will post it sometime Thursday evening and it will stay live until the following Thursday or Friday.

When adding your link to the current week's Mister Linky just please be sure to :
1. Add the permalink url to the specific blog post, not your general blog address in the McLinky form below . If you need help just ask or you can look at this post for instructions
2. Include in your blog entry a link back to this meme! so that your readers can come and see what others have to say and have an opportunity to contribute! You can use the code below to add the banner to your posts or blog if you'd like.
3. Visit as many of the other participants as possible and leave comments! That's what makes it fun!!
4. Let me know if you have any questions, problems or need help!

If you want to participate don't forget to grab a button to place at the top or bottom of your post to show you are participating in Catholicism 101! Simply copy the code below in the box and paste where you can edit the html in your blog post.

3 comments :

  1. Dear Lord, I hope for more participation in this weekly meme .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie. I'm sorry I'm late with my submission. I would like to submit my review of the film "La Strada" by Federico Fellini. I'm not sure if it's written in the appropriate format, so I apologize (it's my first submission). My blog is a movie blog but I do highlight spiritual elements of films, inspirational moments, and Catholic themes. There are two important scenes in "La Strada" where there character of Gelsomina encounters the Catholic church. First, she escapes the brutal Zampano and escapes to Rome where she witnesses a Catholic procession. This is the first time (as far as we know) she is encountering any other devoted Catholics. She follows the procession into a mass, and we presume that she worships in the mass. Later, she accompanies Zampano to a convent where a group of nuns lets them stay for the night. Zampano (a heathen) wants to steal some pieces of silver from the convent, but Gelsomina does not want him to. Gelsomina represents the goodness of humanity, and Zampano the dark side. I think that God had touched her in a way that later has an affect on Zampano at the end of the movie, when he experiences a spiritual awakening.

    I hope that is a good first start. I will be having more entries that talk about Catholicism in the movies as well.

    http://motionpicturegems.blogspot.com/2010/11/fellinis-la-strada-1954.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Tom . That is the right format so feel free to link it and thanks for sharing and visiting today .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!