November 30, 2010

Christmas Countdown green smoothie challenge

What have I got myself into this time of year?

I joined the 24 day countdown to christmas over at the Green Smoothie queens website. It starts tomorrow and I ain't ready.  I have not bought my leafy greens yet , the blender is not taken out either . It would seem I didn't get anything but really all's I want is to lose 5 lbs . The idea is to incorporate more leafy greans but we can still eat whatever we want .

You would think they'd remember to give us something to put on our blogs . I am not impressed so far . Big deal! I get messages in my inbox wooptydoo. Oh ya I got two ebooks perfect for sitting on my ass in front of the comp to read :/ or it's only two more books I have to send to UPS to print in booklet form and all's they are, are a bunch of recipes!  Maybe it's just me . bah humbug . I had a bad day today and I hope tomorrow is better.

Here are some suggestions I need to pick up at the grocery store for tomorrow . More money spent :/



  • Spinach
  • Kale
  • Green/Red Leaf lettuce
  • Romaine or Butter (Boston) lettuce
  • Red/Green/Rainbow chard
  • Collards
  • Parsley
  • Bananas
  • Apples
  • Pears
  • Mangoes
  • Papaya
  • Peaches / Nectarines
  • Plums / Apricots
  • Berries
  • Grapes

Here is what I got last time for joining a 3 day green smoothie challenge. A certificate . We had to share a recipe we made and my recipe is also on page 3 . I'm famous :)  I called it Sweet Smoothie Mango . You can see it also here  :)

3 comments :

  1. Jackie, Congrats! And good luck for the 24 Days Countdown to Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a green smoothie diet back in May and have lost about 20 pounds (my pre-menopausal weight gain) without suffering. I can now fit into the jeans I wore on my 40th birthday, yay! My original source of information was <a href="http://www.live-green-smoothie-diet.com/>this website</a> but I really mostly just made spinach-mango-banana smoothies. YUM! Good luck losing the five!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amiko ! and Francisca your smoothie sounds amazing . I will have to try that .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!