November 10, 2010

Confessions 'Words that hurt me'

This post is linked to a Weekly Writing Prompt and I originally intended it to be about 'words that hurt me' but I am far too late for that one.

UPDATED: I had forgotten the correct term was  : Jacky Wacky instead of Wacky Jacky . There is a difference if you can imagine it so. Anyway now I have to change the pic :/ *sigh  .

Since this is my first assignment I felt it also fit well with this weeks prompt which is 'What are your confessions?' even though it was my sisters confession that was most important but I also confess her words hurt me.
----------------

My sister use to call me 'Wacky' but unbeknownst to her it sorta hurt me even though it was said in a cute kind of way.

She used that nickname for me for quite awhile and all her friends had picked it up .

Walking down the hallway in school they'd say: "Hi wacky" . That was my name .One kid even called me wackoff :/

It never meant that I was or anything but I just thought it was rude to call me that cause unsuspecting people might actually think 'I was wacky' but 'whatever'.

The fact is it rhymes with Jackie, that's all but I still wondered if  'I really was wacky' and I didn't like being called that.

As time went on my sister confessed that when we were growing up she always hated me .

It wasn't surprising cause it sure felt a lot like that growing up , and we were never friends but I often wondered why, and it was nice of her to confess and admit that , but still incredible, since I thought it was just me for so long.


Mama's Losin' It

3 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that! We never think that our words will hurt others. I use to call my sister (older) Kissy. Her name was Chrissy, and well we'll just say she liked to kiss... The name started back when we were really little because it rhymed, and it just stuck. She always, always hated it, but my friends picked it up as well since it was so fitting. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so hurtful! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, and I'm sorry you and your sister didn't have a close relationship. :( (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can only imagine what this all felt like. For some reason, I've never been the biggest fan of calling people by a nick name. I would much rather call them by their real name. Among my family, my nick name has always been "Little Leah" and while its cute and sweet, it's also slightly annoying because I'm really not "little" haha.. Oh well, it's a term of endearment so I do enjoy it at times. : )
    -stopping by from Mama Kat's Workshop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!