November 8, 2010

Give her the boot

I’ll hold on to the world tight some day. I’ve got one finger on it now; that’s a beginning
- Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury 

Is it the middle one? cause I think she deserves more than that. Of course I'm talking about Babylon ! I know that sounds gross but that was my first reaction. Ray Bradbury would do better to just leave the world without looking back; or I could've misunderstood ....it's possible. *shrugs

Anyway I would like to take this opportunity to quote the above and to share my thoughts preach to you .

The bible says Babylon will be thrown down , and shall not be found anymore Rev 18:21

What is the meaning of Babylon ? no7 says: a union of persons; and a moral entity. Do you realize this? What is a union of persons? We think a union in terms of two people coming together in marriage, having sex, and the two becoming one. But what is this union of persons that is called Babylon?  Fornicating with all the powers that be and the worship of idols perhaps?  I encourage you to read the link I have provided and let me know what you think. Thanks. Here's the full link 

Cain was such a person that represented all the things belonging to the world, and all the things God dislikes . In our generation this includes: iniquity, materialism, revolutions, hatred, paganism, oppressors of blessed, immorality. There are a lot of Cains in this world and perhaps they are one with Babylon (I don't know for sure).

That is what the world holds and thank you for listening to my incredible attempt to teach something I am still unsure of :p I don't claim to know everything. 

However, there are many verses telling us also that God is not of this world and if we are to have life then we should follow God and not the world. When I read it like that, it's like she's an adulteress wife or something. That's why I think she needs a boot to the butt or worse yet.
                        -------------------------------------------------------                                          


Scripture Verses 
“If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” (John 15:19)


“I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.” (John 17:14)


“Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.” (James 1:27)


“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world – the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life – is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.” (1 John 2:15)


“Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.” (James 4:4)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!